Master's Program - Media Strategy and Leadership
Complete a profile form and receive more information and Medill journalism news.
Professionals with a minimum of seven years’ journalistic experience may apply to this three-quarter graduate journalism track at Medill, with an option to complete a fourth quarter.
The track provides experienced professionals with new ways of thinking about communications – journalistic and otherwise – in the digital age; new skills; and new career possibilities.
- You will take 12 Northwestern credits at the graduate level
- At least 9 credits must be classes offered in Journalism, Integrated Marketing Communications or Media Management
- You take five core classes:
- Audience understanding: JOUR 455 or IMC 451 or IMC 455
- Marketing: MEDM 431 or IMC 452
- Media Management: MEDM 432 or JOUR 461 or IMC 461
- Finance IMC 450 or equivalent
- Digital/Interactive: JOUR 490 or JOUR 405
- You select six additional units from the following class clusters: Some classes are five-week courses for half of one credit; students take two to make a unit.
- Finally, you will complete a capstone research project.
Journalism (JOUR) course descriptions are here.
Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) course descriptions are here.
Media Management (MEDM) course descriptions are here.
Course clusters are here.