Medill Fridays provide unique opportunities to broaden the spectrum of your learning experience beyond the classroom. Students gather every Friday during the school year for specially planned programs that give you access to network building both within and beyond the Medill family. The goals are for you to experience, think and engage.
On Medill Fridays you’ll have opportunities to:
- Hear speakers on current journalism topics.
- Engage with Medill alumni who have forged distinguished careers.
- Choose from a menu of small-group workshops - such as how to make an online resume and portfolio and pitch stories – and visit Chicago newsrooms, neighborhoods and sites of interest.
- Get detailed information on the spectrum of Medill course offerings and concentrations, and related opportunities in other Northwestern schools.
- Discuss and deconstruct recent and breaking news events.
- Enjoy social outings.
- Have an uninterrupted day to report and catch up over coffee, drinks and snacks with classmates, professors and Medill alumni on the projects you’re working on.
Each Medill Friday is different. Each day will help define your experience as an MSJ student– and your active input and participation is included in the planning.
For more information, contact Professor Jack Doppelt at firstname.lastname@example.org